Thursday 28 August 2008

REWARD YOURSELF!

I believe 100% in the bible; as such, most of the principles I share and live by are products of what it epitomizes.
One of the most fundamental lessons of the bible is that: “a labourer is worthy of his wages...”

Quite a lot of us have heard this line like a dozen times, we often believe it is an instruction to ‘EMPLOYERS’ concerning their ‘EMPLOYEES’.
There is another perspective to this injunction; it is the angle that concerns every one of us.

Let me start by saying, as a worker, YOU ARE WORTHY OF YOUR WAGE. You deserve it. Let this reality reflect in he way and manner you spend it.

It is funny how we punish ourselves with our salaries like we are some kind of 'beast of burden'.
You must
LEARN TO REWARD YOURSELF. Make it a rule to pay ‘yourself’ part of your salary.

Whenever I share this principle, I often hear responses like, “I AM SAVING FOR THE RAINY DAY...” My reply always is, ‘IT’S BEEN LONG IT STARTED RAINING’.
Let’s stop using certain wrong ideologies to justify our ignorance.

Don’t wear yourself out because of some ‘RAINY’ day philosophy. Health comes first, peace and happiness comes next. Every other thing comes after, including your projections.

I equally get responses like, “I have a family to take care of; I have a wife and kids at home to look after; my siblings and relatives are looking up to me for survival; I have this or that project...”

You need to stay alive for you to be there for whoever is depending on you. Friends, wisdom demands that you do what is necessary.
There was a time in life my life when I worked without breaks, it was as though 'WORK' was going out of fashion; though the money was coming in but my health was failing.
I could see the money, but I had made myself so ‘useless’ that I couldn’t spend it...
Nothing about and around me reflected that I was working so hard, except my bank account.
It was while I was on a sick bed that this principle hit me, it struck me real hard:

“A labourer is worthy of his wages...”
From that day till date, when I receive a #20 wage, I take outside #1 to reward myself, to tell myself THANK YOU for bringing in #20. The others can go to my dreams, my dependents e.t.c
Every time I do this, it does great wonders to my health and enthusiasm, it encourages me and it propels me to go for gold, always.

Dear friends, this is the principle of SMART WORK. This is one of the many little secrets of the rich. Learn to reward yourself... Get yourself a dress, go to a nice restaurant, buy yourself a drink, cook a nice meal... Just do something that encourages you that you are doing a nice job with your life.
If you can imbibe this principle, it will work wonders in your life and your finances.
You deserve a better life, be smart! Be good to yourself.

You must happen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I believe this is a very simple issue. He who does not reward himself enough, should be ready to pay the Doctors more than enough.

Pst Osama Iyawe.