Tuesday 5 August 2008

MY FEELINGS AS I ADD ANOTHER YEAR

It’s like my new year just began. Something in me echoes in my ears: “Boy, your 2008 just started...”
By some means, with growth and advancement in age comes increased responsibility and demands... I feel more burdened to do something about the mediocrity I see around....
I feel like being in control of the entire globe just for a day and influencing things my way.... I feel like sending to exile all the folks that have and are still taking our country through and into pains, the kind of exile that the phrase TILL FURTHER NOTICE better explains.
I know you may think my feeling is no more than what it is – MY FEELING! But, with advancement in age comes the duty to translate your feelings to reality..... So, all you haters and doubters, watch your back!

More than ever, I feel the need to be an unsilenceable voice of change in my community and in my nation; to put an end to the shame and psychosis [depravity, mis-entertainment, lopsided perspective about life, dishonesty, gangsterism...] society has up till now accepted and celebrated.... Change mustn't only be effected through politics.... Fact is, anybody can start a 'revolution' from his little compound....
I feel the need more than ever to recruit and network with like minds; folks who have IMPACT as their middle name, folks with undying passion for their community and country.....

I am encouraged by God’s words to me on this great day: “...I have made you a gift to NIGERIA and a BLESSING to the WORLD... This day have I made you a light to Nations...”

Sincerely want to appreciate all my friends and well wishers, not forgetting those in the facebook community, thanks for all the love. Thanks indeed. I am almost tempted to start marking my birthday twice a year... it won’t be a bad idea anyway!

As I celebrate another to my years, I renew my commitment to life and to my Maker: “At the end of my years on earth I forbid to face my God without fruits. My example, Jesus Christ, lived on this planet for 33years - till date, the world hasn’t recovered...

Younger and unborn generations await me to return with fruits; I refuse to return with excuses. All my talents must be properly invested with returns to my Maker; none will be buried or wasted. Frustrations and confusion must be erased from peoples' faces because of my existence. All my days on earth will count positively; I forbid ending up a ‘bad investment’. I forbid returning empty. I must add meaning to lives and flavor to destinies; I must fulfill why He sent me here. I forbid to give my Maker any reason to regret... I desire my whole life to be lived at the centre of His will; living my whole life according to His design and purpose for me, not placing my focus on impressing any mortal.”

No comments: